Our Latest Online Backup Reviews:Vembu SyncBlaze
Industry LinksTools and Graphs
Most Small to Mid-Sized Business Can Implement a Phased Approach to Backup and Restores According to Backup My Info!
New York, NY, Oct 27, 2010 -/BackupReview.info/- Backup My Info! (BUMI), the premier provider of managed online backup and recovery solutions for small to mid-sized businesses, today announced that its data retention strategy is helping SMBs realize quicker restores and significant cost savings. BUMI has recognized that as much as 90 percent of a typical organization’s data is no longer active, while the remaining 10 percent is dynamic and thus considered business-critical. While all data is important, organizations need a streamlined approach to getting their critical data back as soon as possible. By focusing on the changing data first, the business can get back up and running faster. The remaining 90 percent can be restored in a phased approach.
Prior to the start of any customer engagement, BUMI works with clients to develop a data retention strategy that will immediately restore the highest priority data. The critical changing data, or 10 percent, is backed up to BUMI’s online vault as well as in a local location on the clients’ network – and can be restored quickly. Data that has not changed for a long period of time, or data that does not require immediate recovery, is kept on the BUMI retention vaults utilizing lower cost storage. If a large amount of data needs to be restored, BUMI will ship this data overnight in encrypted and compressed format on a USB hard drive which can then be restored rapidly at no charge to the client. As a standard practice, a BUMI engineer will be remotely connected to assist in all recovery procedures and they are available 24 hours a day for emergency support.
“Explosive data growth is driving SMBs toward cloud-based data backup services,” said Deni Connor, principal analyst at Storage Strategies NOW. “Without a strategic backup and restore plan in place, data infrastructures can be impacted by all types of data loss scenarios. To that effect, organizations should take a closer look at their IT operations, and like BUMI’s ’10 percent’ findings, identify the business-critical components to ensure they are in the best position for a speedy recovery.”
Supporting all major operating systems, BUMI provides an automated off-site data backup and recovery service. With data protection and reliability a prime concern for all organizations, BUMI has built several layers of security into its online backup solution. Data is encrypted at the point it leaves a customer site and remains encrypted at all times. Additionally, BUMI’s senior engineers continuously monitor backup processes to ensure customer data is properly safeguarded and proactively follow up if they identify any errors or problems. From a disaster recovery and business continuity perspective, all off-site backups are stored in SAS70 Type II data centers located in Canada.
“By providing our customers with a customized recovery strategy on top of solid, secure backups, BUMI is able to satisfy clients’ objectives,” explained Jennifer Walzer, CEO at Backup My Info!, Inc. “These objectives include the management of exponential growth in companies’ critical data, as well as reduce the backup window which can be crucial for businesses that need 24 hour uptime.”
About Backup My Info!
# # #
Like us on Facebook
Sponsored Links:Data Deposit Box Asigra Bacula Systems