Our Latest Online Backup Reviews:Vembu SyncBlaze
Industry LinksTools and Graphs
Managing Data Growth, Backup and Recovery, Disaster Recovery, Backup of Virtual Server Environments & Email/File Archiving Cited as Top Five IT Concerns for 2011
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) â€” OCEANPORT, NJ â€” January 10, 2011 –/BackupReview.info/–
* According to the survey results, managing data growth (i.e., data reduction) is the top budget priority for 2011, followed by network and equipment, disaster recovery, applications/software and data backup and recovery.
* Nearly 30 percent of the survey respondents revealed their IT budgets would increase in 2011 while almost 50 percent reported their budgets would remain unchanged in the New Year. Of that IT budget, 43 percent of those polled reported allocating up to 10 percent for overall data protection while another 36 percent planned to spend between 11 and 20 percent of their budget on data protection hardware, software, services/support and media.
* Of those surveyed, 54 percent reported no expected increases in IT headcount in 2011; 20 percent reported an increase and 26 percent remained undecided on changes to their staffing in the year ahead.
* More than 60 percent of the respondents polled for this IT Storage Spending Survey came from organizations with between 500 to 10,000 employees, representing a variety of industry sectors, including government, education, manufacturing, healthcare, financial services, engineering and retail. Nearly 50 percent of the respondents were responsible for managing between six to 25 TBs of primary data last year; 22 percent managed less than 25 physical servers while 24 percent managed less than 25 virtual servers currently.
Simpana Software Enables Optimized IT Budgets for Improved IT Storage Spending
* Increasingly, CommVault customers are embracing SimpanaÂ® 9 software to address their most pressing IT challenges while optimizing their budgets. In particular, organizations are taking advantage of the company’s third-generation deduplication with fully integrated source- and target-side deduplication for reducing the amount of backup and archive data stored to disk, tape or the cloud by up to 90 percent.
* Simpana software is ideally suited to alleviate the challenges of protecting sprawling virtual environments by enabling companies to deploy truly unified data management and virtual server protection that meets the needs of today’s modern data centers.
* CommVault’s policy-driven data management platform protects, stores and recovers vast amounts of data while automating administration. The ability to eliminate manual processes and seamlessly tier data to physical, virtual and cloud storage decreases administrative costs and increases operational efficiencies, letting IT departments do more with less resources.
* With Simpana 9, CommVault has also simplified its licensing model to provide customers nearly unlimited use of important features while charging only by the amount of capacity protected. These customers maintain visibility into capacity and growth with usage and trending dashboards that refresh daily to help them manage their storage budgets better.
* CommVault Simpana Virtual Server Protection
* More on how CommVault Simpana software protects hundreds of virtual machines in minutes
* More on CommVault services and support
* More CommVault news
* Visit CommVault’s delicious page
* Visit CommVault’s Flickr photostream
* Follow CommVault on Twitter:
* Follow CommVault on Facebook:
Safe Harbor Statement
Â©1999-2011 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the “CV” logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, CommValue and ROMS, are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Like us on Facebook
Sponsored Links:Data Deposit Box Asigra Bacula Systems