Our Latest Online Backup Reviews:Vembu SyncBlaze
Industry LinksTools and Graphs
Hosted at one of Australia’s largest and most advanced, high-tech and secure data-centres, DataSecure ensures that the backup data is replicated and mirrored so all data is stored in two locations
Sydney, Australia, September 15, 2011 –/BackupReview.info/– Sage HandiSoft, the developer and provider of one of Australiaâ€™s most widely used taxation and accounting practice management suites, has announced the launch of Sage DataSecure, a managed security service which enables organisations to conduct automated offsite backups of all their critical data in a robust, secure environment.
DataSecure ensures businesses can continue to function after their data has been lost, whatever the reason be it natural disaster, theft or computer failure. Hosted at one of Australia’s largest and most advanced, high-tech and secure data-centres, DataSecure ensures that the backup data is replicated and mirrored so all data is stored in two locations.
Sage DataSecure has deployed a data backup and recovery solution from Attix5, a world leader in the development and supply of disk-based software solutions that protect business-critical data.
Data is transmitted using the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol standard for secure communication between computers and the storage platform. It also uses 1024 bit RSA key exchange, 128 Bit RC4 stream cipher and SHA-1 integrity checking. Data is stored on the Sage HandiSoft storage platform using 448-bit Blowfish encryption in CBC mode. Backup account encryption keys are stored in a separate location.
Upon registration, users create their own personal ‘data encryption key’. Only the nominated user has access to this key and without an encryption key, the data cannot be decrypted once it has been backed up.
â€œBusinesses of all sizes need to consider the cost to their organisation if all their data contacts, billing information, files and other important transactional advice was lost. DataSecure enables companies to concentrate on driving their business forward and to concentrate on their core capabilities with the peace of mind that their crucial business data will always be available should physical damage, electronics failure or human error arise,â€ says Gary Weisz, National Sales and Marketing Manager, Sage HandiSoft. â€œOur backup solutions ensure that your data is always secure and protected as data security and privacy are paramount when providing a backup solution.â€
DataSecureâ€™s key features include:
- Fully automated - Once installed, DataSecure automatically performs daily data backups at a nominated time, without any user intervention.
- 100% security - Data is encrypted using three-times bank-strength encryption and cannot be read without user account details, password and encryption key. This encryption process takes place at the customer site before the data is sent along a secure communications tunnel to Sage HandiSoft. In addition, the data is located in a secure, local data centre, equipped with 24×7 security, backup generators, fire detection systems and cooling. The data backups are mirrored on three separate files servers in two different locations.
- Status notifications - Daily email notifications supply your backupâ€™s results so immediate action can be taken if a backup fails.
- Restored data anytime, from anywhere - Once uploaded to the storage platform, data can be retrieved any time any place, using your browser or a web-access product, along with your account details.
- All kinds of data welcome - Sage DataSecure can be used to backup any nominated data including personal data. In addition, users can vary the data selection at any time by simply adding or deleting files or folders.
- Reduced bandwidth impact - Many online backup solutions are “bandwidth hungry”, however Sage DataSecure uploads daily incremental changes only to significantly reduce the impact on your bandwidth. Initial, larger backups are written to appropriate media locally, copied to DVD or external hard drive in an encrypted state, and sent via courier to the data centre. The encrypted data is loaded onto the servers, and the next backup from the client automatically imports the initial backup set and then sends only the data that has changed since the initial backup.
- Data is recoverable “to-the-day” - Sage DataSecure is best used for data that changes on a daily basis. As the storage platform maintains 60 days worth of daily backups, users can retrieve data from any backup “to-the-day” during a 60 day period. An additional 90 day consolidation will retain data for an additional 90th day after it has been de-selected for backup on the clientâ€™s side. Should data be required to be kept for longer periods users can backup the data to an archive folder, select it for backup, and ensure it remains selected as it will then be carried over month-to-month, because this data doesnâ€™t change, there is no impact on bandwidth.
Sage DataSecure starts from as little as $40 per month, including GST. For specific pricing options and packages, please contact Sage HandiSoft on 1800 660 670 or visit http://www.sagedatasecure.com.au
About Sage HandiSoft
Like us on Facebook
Sponsored Links:Data Deposit Box Asigra Bacula Systems