Our Latest Online Backup Reviews:Vembu SyncBlaze
Industry LinksTools and Graphs
Aliso Viejo, Calif., Oct. 25, 2011 –/BackupReview.info/–
Tweet this: New releases of @Quest NetVault Backup and NetVault SmartDisk simplify enterprise backup and recovery http://bit.ly/vc7Iye
· NetVault Backup 8.6 dramatically increases the speed with which customers can restore data from incremental backups. Internal test results indicate that data restores with NetVault Backup are now 50 percent faster on average.
· The new release also delivers significant scalability enhancements, as customers now have virtually no limit to the number of files they can process in a single backup job.
· Continuing its rich history of protecting a wide range of NAS devices, NetVault Backup 8.6 is the first backup solution to support block-level, incremental backup for BlueArc’s high-performance NAS systems, delivering users significant improvements in performance and scalability.
· NetVault Backup 8.6 also extends cross-platform data protection by adding additional support for the latest operating systems, applications, tape devices, and NAS platforms, including varied offerings from Red Hat, Mac OS X Lion, MySQL, Quantum, IBM, EMC DataDomain, and NetApp.
· In addition to these enhancements, NetVault Backup continues to deliver a host of best-in-class capabilities that simplify enterprise backup and recovery.
o Known for its ease of use, NetVault Backup enables users to protect all data from a common console, with no scripting required for applications or virtualized environments.
o NetVault Backup also delivers the utmost in flexibility, enabling users to select their backup storage device of choice from disk – using NetVault SmartDisk – to NAS appliances, virtual tape libraries (VTL) and tape systems.
o The ability to efficiently scale to meet the requirements of SMBs and enterprises alike means users won’t be forced to rip and replace their data protection infrastructure as their businesses grow.
o NetVault Backup’s broad platform and application protection ensures the system’s availability of business-critical applications such as Oracle, SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Domino, Informix, and Sybase.
· NetVault SmartDisk 1.5 adds support for backup data from NAS appliances using basic NDMP backups or NetApp’s SnapMirror-to-Tape function.
o When used with NetVault Backup, the solution can send backup data from a NAS source to a SmartDisk storage repository, meaning customers can now get enterprise-wide deduplication for all of their protected systems.
Walter Angerer, senior vice president and general manager, data protection, Quest Software
About Quest Software, Inc.
# # #
Quest, Quest Software, NetVault and the Quest logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quest Software in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
General Tags: data security, online backup news, online backup services, online file storage, backing up online, top rated online backups, online file backup, cloud computing, online data backup, online backup companies, online backup providers directory, compare online backups, online backup reviews, SaaS, CEO interviews, online backup, software as a service, data storage
Like us on Facebook
Sponsored Links:Data Deposit Box Asigra Bacula Systems
Tags: Quest Software