Our Latest Online Backup Reviews:Vembu SyncBlaze
Industry LinksTools and Graphs
Xerox Expands Cloud Services for Small and Mid-Sized Businesses
DALLAS, TX, Jan. 31, 2012 –/BackupReview.info/– Small-and mid-sized businesses (SMBs) seeking cloud services previously only available to global corporations can now transform their business operations using a new suite of cloud services from Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX).
The services will be sold through Xerox’s value-added resellers (VARs) and include Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) for midrange and Intel systems; Cloud Backup; and Disaster Recovery services.
Xerox’s business cloud services ensure that a company’s applications, data and IT platforms are secure. These services also manage workload demand and are priced to serve SMBs that have annual revenue of $10 million to $250 million.
“Cloud technology is often presented as a complex, ‘big company’ infrastructure solution. But, in fact, managing IT operations in the ‘cloud’ is just as relevant and affordable for smaller companies and can be even more impactful,” said Ken Stephens, senior vice president of Xerox Cloud Services. “Expanding Xerox’s IaaS and Backup and Recovery services to SMBs is the next step toward offering a full suite of business cloud services that SMBs can access on a ‘pay-as-you-go’ model.”
“Xerox extending its sales efforts to SMBs through VARs is a smart move, especially in the growing cloud space,” said Ben Trowbridge, CEO at Alsbridge, a global advisory firm. “It’s a logical extension of their longstanding enterprise services, with more opportunities to sell additional Xerox products and services relevant to SMBs.”
The new services include:
* Xerox Cloud IaaS for Midrange and Intel systems
* Many cloud providers – for enterprises or SMBs – do not support multiple operating systems, databases, legacy applications and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems. The Xerox Cloud IaaS meets the conflicting demands of various operating models.
* Xerox delivers secure cloud services via five global data centers that house multi-tenant technologies and virtualized LANs.
* IaaS is quickly installed and ready to use with an on-demand “click and pick” provisioning process.
* IaaS ensures complete tracking, auditing and reporting capabilities.
* Cloud Backup and Disaster Recovery Service
* Recovery of data, applications and operating systems – everything on the server and can be restored in less than 24 hours.
* An affordable approach for enterprises and SMBs needing remote backup and disaster recovery at a monthly, utility-based price, meaning customers pay for what they use.
* No long-term contracts required.
* The Business Cloud infrastructure used for corporate enterprises also is available for SMBs.
* Data backup is replicated, secured, encrypted and conducted daily.
“No matter the size, scope or location of a company, there’s a common denominator: how to manage costs and risks. Xerox delivers a utility model approach, intense security controls, systems and data redundancy, even a customized company-wide disaster recovery plan,” added Stephens.
Note: To receive RSS news feeds, visit http://news.xerox.com/pr/xerox/rss.aspx. For open commentary, industry perspectives and views visit http://twitter.com/xeroxcorp, http://realbusinessatxerox.blogs.xerox.com, http://www.facebook.com/XeroxCorp, http://www.youtube.com/XeroxCorp.
XEROX®, XEROX and Design® are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
General Tags: online backup, data security, CEO interviews, online file storage, backing up online, software as a service, SaaS, online backup news, online file backup, online backup reviews, online backup services, data storage, compare online backups, online backup providers directory, cloud computing, top rated online backups, online data backup, online backup companies
Like us on Facebook
Sponsored Links:Data Deposit Box Asigra