Our Latest Online Backup Reviews:Vembu SyncBlaze
Industry LinksTools and Graphs
ALISO VIEJO, Calif., Mar. 6, 2012
Tweet this: @Quest delivers enterprise-class #backup at an #SMB price with NetVault Backup Capacity Edition for #SMBs http://bit.ly/Ax3bPj
Quest Software, Inc. today announced the launch of NetVault Backup – Capacity Edition, a new offering of the company’s flagship data protection technology featuring an alternative, capacity-based licensing model specifically designed to meet the needs of small- to medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Value-priced at $2,700 per front-end terabyte, the new capacity edition provides growing businesses with access to enterprise-caliber backup and recovery capabilities at an attainable price point.
* Packaged with the specific needs of the SMB in mind, NetVault Backup – Capacity Edition provides true heterogeneous, cross-platform data protection for both virtual and physical environments.
* Backup and recovery support includes Windows, Linux and Mac OS X, as well as VMware and Hyper-V, and delivers a host of plug-ins that ensure the availability of business-critical databases and applications such as Oracle, SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint , and MySQL.
* With a per-terabyte pricing model that matches the way most companies view backup and recovery, NetVault Backup – Capacity Edition enables SMBs to deploy additional clients, plug-ins and options at no additional charge.
* This perpetual licensing model also gives SMBs the flexibility to adapt their data protection strategies to the needs of their growing IT environments, and delivers the budget predictability that’s paramount in smaller organizations.
* Unlike most legacy enterprise backup solutions on the market today, NetVault Backup provides the ease of installation and ease of use SMBs need. In most cases, NetVault Backup can be installed, configured and running in as a little as 45 minutes. Its simple user interface requires minimal training and dramatically reduces the need for costly backend maintenance.
* NetVault Backup – Capacity Edition is available to SMBs starting at $2,700 MSRP for each front-end terabyte of data, including one year of support and maintenance. Customers can add enterprise-class deduplication through NetVault SmartDisk for an additional $250 per front-end terabyte.
* The new package complements NetVault Backup – Enterprise Capacity Edition, introduced by Quest last summer. Priced at $8,500 per terabyte, including one year of support and maintenance, the enterprise package goes a step further by including support for UNIX, SAP, Sybase, DB2 Netware, NDMP, and cluster support for third-party databases. A complete table outlining the differences can be found at www.quest.com/netvault-backup/capacity
· Don McNaughton, vice president of sales, HorizonTek, Inc.
· Walter Angerer, senior vice president and general manager, Data Protection, Quest Software
# # #
Quest, Quest Software, NetVault and the Quest logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quest Software in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
General Tags: online backup, SaaS, data storage, software as a service, online backup reviews, online backup news, online file storage, cloud computing, backing up online, online backup companies, CEO interviews, compare online backups, top rated online backups, online backup providers directory, online backup services, online data backup, data security, online file backup
Like us on Facebook
Sponsored Links:Data Deposit Box Asigra Bacula Systems