Our Latest Online Backup Reviews:Vembu SyncBlaze
Industry LinksTools and Graphs
New Quest Software Survey Reveals Shift in Modern Backup and Recovery Priorities
ALISO VIEJO, Calif., July 10, 2012 – Quest Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: QSFT) — /BackupReview.info/ –
Organizations now operate in a world where employees and customers alike expect critical services to be available and accessible at all times, and it’s forcing IT to rethink the way it approaches backup and recovery. According to the results of a new Quest Software survey of more than 200 IT professionals in North America, nearly three-quarters of organizations now rank restoring critical applications alongside recovering lost data as their top backup and recovery concern. Problematically, traditional data protection solutions require organizations to build recovery objectives based on servers and infrastructure, with little focus on the recoverability of the underlying applications that drive business activity. As a result, only 5 percent of organizations surveyed indicated that they build their recovery objectives strictly around applications.
Tweet This: Restoring critical apps now customers’ top #dataprotection priority, @Quest survey shows http://bit.ly/LbmbhB
· According to the survey, 73 percent of respondents indicated that restoring critical applications ranked alongside recovering lost data as their top data protection concern. (Source: TechValidate. TVID: F63-55D-786)
· At the same time, however, only 5 percent of respondents indicated that they build their recovery objectives strictly around applications, while 78 percent indicated that applications play no role whatsoever in the formation of their organization’s recovery objectives. (Source: TechValidate. TVID: F69-7B9-5FB)
· Quest’s survey also confirmed a number of additional trends driving increased emphasis on the rapid recoverability of critical applications and data, with 70 percent of respondents indicating that at least half of the data their organizations produce is considered mission-critical, and nearly one-third of respondents (32 percent) indicating that company management has specifically asked them to seek ways to reduce recovery times within the past year. (Source: TechValidate. TVID: B60-0EC-78B and BF9-384-EB6.)
· Launched last month, Quest NetVault® Extended Architecture (NetVault XA) fills this recovery gap by enabling organizations to specifically focus on protecting the mission-critical applications that deliver services to end users.
· With NetVault XA, administrators can organize, schedule, view, and manage backups based on the critical applications that power key business and technology services. This gives them the ability to set specific recovery time and recovery point objectives for each, regardless of whether those applications reside on- or off-premise, or in a physical or virtual environment, or a combination thereof.
Customer Perspectives and Supporting Quotes:
John O’Brien, founder and president, J.O’B Consultants
Ken Kearley, corporate applications manager, Florida College
Greg Davoll, senior director, data protection product marketing, Quest Software
About the Survey:
· NetVault Extended Architecture (NetVault XA): http://www.quest.com/netvault/netvault-extended-architecture.aspx
· More Quest news: http://www.quest.com/newsroom/
· Twitter: http://mobile.twitter.com/quest
· Facebook: http://www.quest.com/facebook
· LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/
· Quest TV: http://www.quest.com/tv/
Quest, Quest Software, NetVault and the Quest logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quest Software in the United States and certain other countries. All other names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
General Tags: online backup providers directory, compare online backups, software as a service, online backup, online data backup, online backup news, online backup reviews, backing up online, online backup companies, online file storage, cloud computing, online backup services, SaaS, data security, CEO interviews, online file backup, top rated online backups, data storage
Like us on Facebook
Sponsored Links:Data Deposit Box Asigra