Our Latest Online Backup Reviews:Vembu SyncBlaze
Industry LinksTools and Graphs
By Vidhya Natarajan, Senior Associate, Product Marketing at Vembu Technologies
Vembu Online Data Backup Expert Tips – Why StoreGrid Users Don’t Have to Worry About Security Breaches
Over recent times, data security breaches have become increasingly common and costing businesses millions of dollars a year. The root causes ranging from cyber attacks, hacking, employee negligence, data thieves, the impact of which can be far reaching and long lasting, often directly affecting the reputation and diminishing the loyalty of a company. As such, implementing a highly secure and a multi-layered data security breach strategy is critical; and companies are turning to various technologies to protect their sensitive data and win back the trust of their customer base.
StoreGrid is an affordable remote backup and disaster recovery software, which provides a number of inbuilt security features into its software platform. StoreGrid is designed entirely keeping data security as the primary focus.
Some of the key security related features of StoreGrid are as follows:
1. Data is encrypted in the client machine itself before it is backed up with military grade encryption level, making it effectively impossible for anyone to intercept or decrypt the data. The user is the only person who can read it.
2. Data remains encrypted in the storage location in the backup server. The encryption key is not shared or stored in the backup server, making it hack proof. Therefore, no one –except the user– can decrypt the backup data in the server.
3. The data is securely encrypted before leaving the client machine and continues to stay encrypted as it travels over the network to the server via a secure socket layer (SSL) Internet connection. It’s up to the user’s discretion to encrypt their data by specifying the encryption key size, which can be specified at each backup job level.
4. Even during restore backup data remains encrypted while being transferred to the client machine and decryption of the data happens only in the client machine. Further security is reinforced by client machine level authentication in the backup server to prevent rogue machines from accessing the backup server.
5. With Secure HTTPS based access to the Web Console User Interface, data which is vulnerable to eavesdropping attacks where hackers access sensitive information and website accounts, is protected. Secured HTTPS based access as one of the sure ways to prevent data breach.
As data protection solutions become more affordable, widespread adoption will be inevitable. But, one of the the factors affecting long term adoption of data protection solutions by enterpries will certainly be data security. A robust data protection solution must be able to secure data for both enterprise end-points and servers placed offsite.
Watch Video (4:43) – Vembu StoreGrid Video Case Study – Got It Back LLC
“Vembu StoreGrid makes our job way easier because it gives all kinds of option to do basic file backup and specialized backups like exchange, SQL, VM backup etc. You can perform DR scenarios where you can actually restore entire servers within minutes”. — Jason, Got It Back, LLC
About the Author: Vidhya Natarajan is a Senior Associate, Product Marketing at Vembu Technologies, a leader in providing cost effective, hybrid (on-premise and cloud) data protection and business focused online backup and disaster recovery solutions for ISPs, MSPs, VARs, Managed Hosting Providers and Educational Institutions. Vembu’s flagship product, StoreGrid, an award winning cloud solution has delivered tangible value to over 3500 partners worldwide.
General Tags: online file backup, online backup news, data security, backing up online, online file storage, software as a service, data storage, SaaS, online data backup, online backup reviews, online backup, online backup companies, CEO interviews, cloud computing, compare online backups, online backup services, online backup providers directory, top rated online backups
Like us on Facebook
Sponsored Links:Data Deposit Box Asigra