Our Latest Online Backup Reviews:Vembu SyncBlaze
Industry LinksTools and Graphs
Q-Cloud Provides Effective Data Protection for as Little as 1 Cent/GB/Month
SAN JOSE, CA, Aug 27, 2012 — /BackupReview.info/ — Quantum Corp. (QTM), a proven global expert in data protection and big data management, today announced a new cloud-based backup and disaster recovery (DR) subscription service, Q-Cloud(TM), which provides business-class data protection at a consumer cloud storage price. Enterprise customers can leverage Q-Cloud’s simple, secure and flexible approach for as little as 1 cent/GB/month.* Incorporating Quantum’s patented deduplication technology, Q-Cloud provides backup of both physical and virtual infrastructures for capacities ranging from 1 TB up to 1 PB of protected data. With Q-Cloud, Quantum extends the industry’s most comprehensive range of data protection solutions available, spanning from the data center to the enterprise edge and now to the cloud.
Powered by Quantum Deduplication and Virtual Data Protection
– DXi-Series appliances enable Q-Cloud to work with existing backup applications, including Backup Exec, CommVault, Data Protector, NetBackup, vRanger, Tivoli Storage Manager and Veeam.
– Quantum vmPRO and DXi achieve data reduction rates of up to 95 percent.
– Quantum vmPRO software allows customers to snapshot virtual machines and replicate them to the cloud, serving as the foundation of Q-Cloud’s Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) offering.
Low-Cost, Reliable Edge-to-Cloud Replication
– Single-site enterprises can enjoy the benefits of a second site for a new, low-cost approach to backup and DR.
– With an on-premise DXi-Series appliance, Q-Cloud customers can enjoy the speed and convenience of local recovery with the security of cloud-based backup.
“Pay as You Grow” Subscription Pricing
– Subscription pricing converts capital expense to operating expense and allows customers to avoid the cost associated with under-utilized hardware, making it more cost-effective to put an offsite backup and DR solution in place.
– Quantum’s Q-Cloud solution contrasts with many cloud services that typically require customers to buy additional expensive hardware as data grows or abandon prior investments as part of a “rip and replace” cloud-only approach.
– Henrik Rosendahl, senior vice president, Cloud Solutions, Quantum: “Q-Cloud takes cloud-based data protection for enterprises to the next level. After years spent optimizing our deduplication technology we are now applying this technique to dramatically lower the cost of cloud storage for backup and DR. With Q-Cloud, patented deduplication, vmPRO software and end-to-end data security, Quantum is delivering the most innovative and comprehensive solutions available for next-generation data protection.”
– For more details about Q-Cloud, visit:
– For a cost calculator that allows users to calculate how much they can save using Q-Cloud compared with conventional cloud storage offerings,
– To read the ESG solution impact analysis, “Quantum Enables Protection of Virtualized Environments for Service Providers and Private Clouds,” visit: BE CERTAIN – Protect Your Virtualized Environments
– To read the IDC white paper, “Demonstrating the Business Value of Deduplication for Data Protection,” visit:
– Follow the latest Quantum happenings on Twitter:
– Join the Quantum conversation on Facebook:
Quantum, the Quantum logo, Be Certain, DXi, Q-Cloud and Quantum vmPRO are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Quantum Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
“Safe Harbor” Statement:
*Assuming a typical deduplication ratio of 15:1
SOURCE: Quantum Corporation
General Tags: software as a service, data security, online data backup, cloud computing, online file backup, backing up online, CEO interviews, online backup reviews, SaaS, online backup news, data storage, online backup services, online backup, compare online backups, online backup companies, online backup providers directory, top rated online backups, online file storage
Like us on Facebook
Sponsored Links:Data Deposit Box Asigra Bacula Systems