Our Latest Online Backup Reviews:Vembu SyncBlaze
Industry LinksTools and Graphs
TEMECULA, CA, Jan. 08, 2013 — /BackupReview.info/ — Today, NetJapan, Inc., makers of backup and disaster recovery software solutions, releases ActiveImage Protector v3.5 with Inline Deduplication Compression (IDC) & Support for Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8.
ActiveImage Protector v3.5 enhances performance, compression, compatibility and security, and adds new off-site and cloud backup features.
New Features and Options:
– Inline Deduplication Compression (IDC) — AIP is the first backup product to offer software based inline deduplication. Inline deduplication improves compression by excluding redundant blocks of data; this can result in a significant reduction in the size of backup image files.
– Support for Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8.
– ESXi Support — AIP v3.5 now supports cold backup imaging and recovery of ESXi hosts and all guest machines.
– Support for Storage Spaces — AIP supports the backup, restore and saving of backup images to a virtual volume in Storage Spaces, a new feature in Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8.
– Support for Large Sector Hard Drives — AIP now supports large sector hard drives, allowing the backup and restore of large capacity disk drives over 3TB, and virtual volumes on Storage Spaces.
– Enhanced Off-site Replication — In addition to shared network drives and FTP locations, WebDav folders are now a destination point for replicating backups. Off-site replication can prove to be valuable in the event of natural disaster or systemic failures and breaches.
– Support for ReFS (Resilient File System) — AIP 3.5 supports ReFS, the new advanced file system in Windows Server 2012.
– Support for Multi-disk Image Files — Allows backing up multiple physical disks into a single image file for enhanced image management flexibility.
– Support for CSVFS Volumes (Cluster Shared Volume File System) — Added support for backing up CSV volumes in Windows Server 2012.
ActiveImage Protector is a premier disk-based backup and disaster recovery software solution for physical and virtual computing environments. ActiveImage Protector supports Windows and Linux platforms.
NetJapan, Inc., a leader in backup and disaster recovery solutions with over 16 years in the industry, develops, markets and supports the ActiveImage Protector line of quality backup and data recovery solutions.
SOURCE: NetJapan, Inc.
General Tags: top rated online backups, data security, online backup news, online file storage, online data backup, online backup, backing up online, SaaS, online backup services, online backup companies, online backup providers directory, data storage, software as a service, CEO interviews, cloud computing, online file backup, compare online backups, online backup reviews
Like us on Facebook
Sponsored Links:Data Deposit Box Asigra Bacula Systems