Our Latest Online Backup Reviews:Vembu SyncBlaze
Industry LinksTools and Graphs
Following Several Instances of Data Theft, Agencies Should Forego Portable Storage Devices
TORONTO March 5, 2013 — /BackupReview.info/ — KineticD , known for its cloud backup and data recovery services for small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs), today urges municipalities and government agencies to back up sensitive data to the Cloud, instead of relying on portable devices that can be lost or stolen. In December of 2012, a federal government department in Canada announced that a USB key containing personal information, including Social Insurance Numbers, of about 5,000 Canadians went missing. Only a few short weeks after, in January of this year, the same agency lost data on 583,000 Canadians when a portable hard drive went missing.
“This type of data loss is unnecessary and avoidable,” said Jamie Brenzel, CEO of KineticD. “Even with today’s technological advances in cloud data backup and recovery, instances such as these continue to plague small municipalities, government agencies and medical facilities. While cyber security is an international concern, data loss because of misplaced equipment can be prevented by taking the steps to move sensitive data to a secure cloud service.”
KineticD urges any city, municipal, or government agency and in particular, medical facilities and doctors offices that are responsible for sensitive personal data, to consider other means for storing and managing these types of critical files. As a Canadian cloud data backup and recovery specialist with more than 10 years experience in the industry, KineticD’s data center in Toronto has been equipped with the latest technology to protect client data.
Additionally, its patented software was developed with key features that provide peace of mind and ease-of-use capabilities for those agencies/offices including:
* SSAE 16 — The IT infrastructure controls of KineticD’s SaaS platform was awarded the Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements (SSAE) No. 16, demonstrating its ongoing commitment to ensure data security while
* Data Encryption — 448-bit Blowfish encryption, fully satisfying the requirements of PIPA and HIPAA regulations.
* Specialized Backup Software for the Entire Environment — File based continuous backup for PCs, Macs and mobile users on laptops. Schedule based backup for servers supporting any combination of retention policies. Including native backup of mapped drives, Network Attached Drives, Windows System State, MS Exchange, SQL and Hyper-V.
* Easy Manageability — Agentless backup of multiple systems from one server. Continuous data protection and granular scheduling capabilities that fully automate tedious manual work. Single pane web portal for all backup activities across the business.
* Disaster Readiness — Hybrid cloud backup with an unlimited local vault allowing for two backup locations for redundancy and faster recovery times at no extra cost.
General Tags: software as a service, data storage, online data backup, online backup providers directory, online file storage, backing up online, online backup news, online backup services, CEO interviews, SaaS, compare online backups, online file backup, data security, online backup, online backup companies, online backup reviews, cloud computing, top rated online backups
Like us on Facebook
Sponsored Links:Data Deposit Box Asigra Bacula Systems