BOSTON, MA – May 31, 2013 — / — For the lucky 12 percent* of workers who enjoy Summer Fridays, June marks the time of year when they can step away from their desks for a few extra hours a week to focus on family, hobbies or even work on their tan. For the other 88 percent, this summer,Carbonite – the official sponsor of Summer Fridays – is making it easier to spend some time away from the office without worrying about your files with the “Cubicle to Cabana” contest.

During the month of June, people can visit the Carbonite Facebook page and enter to win a Google Nexus 10 32 GB tablet courtesy of Staples plus three years of Carbonite cloud backup by answering the question: “Where would you use Carbonite to enjoy your Summer Friday?” Besides the peace of mind that comes from knowing their files are safe in the cloud, the winner will be able to view, save or share files while soaking up the fun of summer when using Carbonite on their new tablet.

While most people know they should back up their files to protect themselves against data loss, most people would rather spend their Summer Fridays at the beach. As the official sponsor of Summer Fridays, Carbonite, Inc. (NASDAQ: CARB), a leading provider of cloud backup for small businesses and consumers, lets you do both with its worry-free backup that also enables you to stay connected to your backed up files wherever you are.

Carbonite automatically backs up new and changed files in the background whenever you’re connected to the internet, so you never have to remember to run a backup. And if you need a file before you’re back at your desk, with the Carbonite Mobile app you can access all of your backed up files from nearly any internet-connected device. Whether you prefer to use a tablet to download a file from your backup or want to browse your computer’s photos on your smartphone, your files are always at your fingertips, wherever you go this summer.

For workers who need help petitioning their boss to implement Summer Fridays, Carbonite Cloud Libs can help.  Using your key words, Carbonite Cloud Libs will generate an easily shareable letter explaining how you can stay connected to your email, documents and important business files wherever you are. What boss could deny a perk that boosts morale without affecting productivity?

Find more tips on how to stay connected to your data when you’re out and about this summer on the Carbonite Facebook page and the Carbonite blog.

About Carbonite
Carbonite, Inc. (NASDAQ: CARB), is a leading provider of online backup for small businesses and consumers.  Subscribers in more than 100 countries rely on Carbonite to provide easy-to-use, affordable and secure cloud backup solutions with anytime, anywhere data access. Carbonite’s backup solution runs on both the Windows and Mac platforms. The company has backed up more than 300 billion files, restored nearly 20 billion files, and currently backs up more than 350 million files each day. For more information, please visit,,, or

* The Winners and Losers of Summer Fridays.” Bloomberg Businessweek, June 29, 2012

Media Contacts:
Megan Wittenberger

Heather Gordon
Finn Partners for Carbonite

Source: Carbonite


General Tags: backing up online, online backup news, compare online backups, data storage, online data backup, software as a service, online backup companies, online file storage, SaaS, data security, online backup providers directory, online backup services, cloud computing, online backup, online file backup, online backup reviews, CEO interviews, top rated online backups

Like us on Facebook

Do you like this post? Subscribe to our RSS feed ===========================


Related posts:

  1. Leave the Computer at the Office this Summer Friday with Carbonite Currents
  2. Protect and Access Business Data Even While on Vacation with Carbonite Business
  3. In Honor of Backup Day, Take Five Minutes to Protect Precious Memories and Valuable Files with Carbonite Cloud Backup
  4. Carbonite, Online Data Backup Expert, Files its First Amendment to its IPO Prospectus; Acquires Phanfare for 2M in Cash
  5. Carbonite Online Backup Expands Anytime, Anywhere Data Access with Launch of New iPad Application
  6. Carbonite, Online Data Backup Specialist, Launches Android Application for Quick and Easy File Access
  7. New Advertising Campaign from Carbonite Online Backup Illustrates “There’s No Warning When You Lose Your Files”
  8. Tax Preparation Made Easier With Carbonite Online Backup
  9. Carbonite, Online Data Backup Expert, Files Amendment #4 to its IPO Prospectus
  10. Size and Speed Matter: Egnyte Beats in Large Online Data Upload Speeds; Surpasses Five Billion Files Stored