Our Latest Online Backup Reviews:Vembu SyncBlaze
Industry LinksTools and Graphs
Americans rely on regular access to all types of digital data, annual survey from Backblaze shows no increase in consumer action towards protecting it.
San Mateo, CA – July 02, 2013 — /BackupReview.info/ — Backblaze, a leading online backup provider, today announced the results from its 6th annual “State of User Data Backup” survey conducted online by Harris Interactive among 2,021 U.S. adults ages 18 and older in June. The findings reveal that despite growing reliance on digital devices to store all downloaded music, movies, photos and documents, only 10 percent of users back up their data daily, unchanged from 2012. That leaves an overwhelming 90 percent of those who own a computer vulnerable to losing everything stored on their machines.
“Most people say if their house caught fire, they would grab their photo albums first,” said Gleb Budman, CEO of Backblaze. “But when a hard drive breaks, there are no photo albums left to save. Unfortunately, 56 percent of our customers said they started backing up as a result of either themself or a friend losing data. Let’s make 2013 the year people stop waiting for disaster.”
Frequency of Data Back up
This year’s survey also revealed that nearly half of computer owners accumulate six or more months’ worth of photos, videos, documents, spreadsheets and more before backing up their systems. Despite research showing that one in two U.S. adults will lose data this year, an astounding 29 percent of U.S. adults have never backed up all of their data.
For additional survey results or for (media only) requests to try out Backblaze online backup at no cost, please contact press (at) Backblaze (dot) com. Additional survey results can also be found on the Backblaze Blog.
Backblaze makes data backup easy by continuously and automatically backing up users’ PCs and Macs. If the computer crashes, is stolen or lost, or files or folders are accidently deleted, Backblaze safely recovers the files. Backblaze backs up an unlimited amount of data for just $5 per month or $50 a year per computer.
General Tags: online backup, online file storage, online backup providers directory, backing up online, compare online backups, top rated online backups, cloud computing, data security, SaaS, software as a service, data storage, CEO interviews, online backup reviews, online backup companies, online data backup, online file backup, online backup services, online backup news
Like us on Facebook
Sponsored Links:Data Deposit Box Asigra Bacula Systems