Our Latest Online Backup Reviews:Vembu SyncBlaze
Industry LinksTools and Graphs
WD® Expands WD Arkeia(TM) Network Backup Appliance Line
Two Ultra-Compact Desktop Models Deliver Ideal Backup Solution for Any Small or Branch Office
IRVINE, CA – Aug. 26, 2013 — /BackupReview.info/ — WD®, a Western Digital WDC company and world leader in digital storage solutions, today announced two ultra-compact backup appliances: the WD Arkeia(TM) DA1300 and DA2300, which offer small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) all-in-one backup and disaster recovery solutions.
“An increasing number of SMBs are seeing the value in appliance-based solutions and WD is focused on delivering smart, simple software bundled with purpose-built hardware to effectively serve this thriving segment,” said Bill Evans, general manager of WD’s SMB business unit. “The new WD Arkeia DA1300 and DA2300 network backup appliances provide a fast, easy-to-use and affordable desktop solution for SMB customers to protect their data within any office environment.”
WD Arkeia DA1300, DA2300 Features
– Ultra-Compact Form Factor: The new cube designs for both models measure 8.1″ x 6.3″ x 8.8″ and are among the smallest in the industry and can be easily deployed on any desktop.
– Storage Reliability & Capacity: The entry-level DA1300 features WD Red(TM) NAS hard drives for more affordable NAS storage. The DA2300 features enterprise-class WD Se(TM) hard drives for maximum data integrity. Raw storage capacity ranges from 4 TB to 8 TB for the DA1300 and 8 TB to 16 TB for the DA2300. Both appliances are field upgradable, and disks are configured in RAID-1.
– Increased Backup and Recovery Speed: WD Arkeia’s patented Progressive Deduplication technology accelerates backups by compressing data at source computers before transfer over local area networks (LANs) or wide area networks (WANs).
– Improved Ease of Use: Both the DA1300 and DA2300 are preloaded with version 10.1 of WD Arkeia software, which includes an on-boarding wizard to streamline the appliance setup process.
– Integrated LCD Display: The integrated LCD display communicates status and critical alert information quickly and easily to the user.
– Simplified Tape-free, Offsite Storage: WD Arkeia v10.1 software extends support for hybrid cloud backup capabilities to the full line of WD Arkeia appliances. “Seed and feed” capabilities allow administrators to supplement network replication of backup sets offsite by using USB-connected hard drives to transfer initial and large backup sets and also to size WAN bandwidth for the replication of nightly incremental backups.
– Limited Warranty & Support: Both appliances bundle one-year Bronze level support which includes a limited hardware warranty, software updates and technical support.
Pricing and Availability
About WD Arkeia Software and Appliances
Western Digital Corp. WDC, Irvine, Calif., is a global provider of products and services that empower people to create, manage, experience and preserve digital content. Its companies design and manufacture storage devices, networking equipment and home entertainment products under the WD, HGST and G-Technology brands. Visit the Investor section of the company’s website (www.westerndigital.com) to access a variety of financial and investor information.
This news release contains forward-looking statements, including statements relating to the expected availability for the WD Arkeia DA1300 and DA2300 network backup appliances in the US, Canada, and Europe. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements, including changes in markets, demand, global economic or political conditions and or other risks detailed from time-to-time in our Securities and Exchange Commission filings and reports, including, but not limited to, our most recent annual report on Form 10-K, to which your attention is directed. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak as of the date hereof, and WD undertakes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements to reflect subsequent events or circumstances.
Western Digital, WD, and the WD logo are registered trademarks of Western Digital Technologies, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries; WD Arkeia is a trademark of Western Digital Technologies, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the United States, other countries, or both. AIX is a registered trademark of IBM in the United States. Solaris is a registered trademark of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Novell is a registered trademark of Novell, Inc., in the United States and other countries. BSD is a registered trademark of UUnet Technologies, Inc.
Intel and Xeon are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other marks may be mentioned herein that belong to other companies. All other brand and product names mentioned herein are the property of their respective companies. As used for storage capacity, one terabyte (TB) = one trillion bytes. Total accessible capacity varies depending on operating environment. Please go to http://support.wdc.com for limited warranty details.
General Tags: CEO interviews, software as a service, data security, cloud computing, online backup, compare online backups, online backup reviews, SaaS, top rated online backups, online backup news, online backup companies, online backup services, online file storage, online file backup, backing up online, online backup providers directory, data storage, online data backup
Like us on Facebook
Sponsored Links:Data Deposit Box Asigra Bacula Systems