Our Latest Online Backup Reviews:Vembu SyncBlaze
Industry LinksTools and Graphs
ORACLE OPENWORLD, SAN FRANCISCO – September 23, 2013 — /BackupReview.info/ –
Today Oracle announced the Oracle Database Backup Logging Recovery Appliance, the industry’s first backup appliance engineered specifically for database protection. This appliance delivers near zero data loss data protection, minimal impact to user performance, and a massively scalable architecture.
* Oracle announced the Oracle Database Backup Logging Recovery Appliance, an Oracle Engineered System that for the first time ever delivers near zero data loss protection for critical business data. This is in contrast to today’s backup solutions, which typically incur hours to a day of business data loss when a restore is required.
* Unlike current solutions that require periodic backups of all the data in databases, Oracle’s new appliance only processes and stores changed data, greatly reducing the impact of backups on production servers and networks while also reducing storage costs.
* The Oracle Database Backup Logging Recovery Appliance is massively scalable, allowing a single appliance to handle the data protection requirements of thousands of databases in a data center or region.
* Oracle is also announcing the Oracle Database Backup Cloud Service that allows customers to backup their on-premise Oracle databases directly to Oracle Cloud, or replicate their Oracle Database Backup Logging Recovery Appliance to Oracle Cloud for added protection.
Revolutionary New Approach to Data Protection
The Oracle Database Backup Logging Recovery Appliance:
* Prevents Data Loss: Databases continuously ship redo log data to the appliance, reducing data loss exposure to sub-second.
* Minimizes Load on Production Servers: Backup algorithms integrated into the Oracle Database send only changed database data to the appliance minimizing database impact. Further, all expensive backup processing activities are offloaded from database servers to the appliance.
* Enables Restore to Any Point-in-time: The database change data stored on the appliance can be used to create virtual full database copies at any desired point in time.
* Enables Autonomous Tape Archival: Optional tape integration sends backups directly from the appliance to tape, offloading resource intensive backup to tape operations from production database servers. This also increases efficiency by enabling tape systems to be used continuously instead of only during off-peak backup windows.
* Scales Efficiently: The appliance’s massively scalable architecture enables users to expand capacity seamlessly to petabytes of storage, with no downtime.
* Secures Enterprise Data: The appliance validates the consistency of all data it receives, and can replicate change data in real-time to another appliance to protect business data from site disasters or corruptions.
“We envision the Oracle Database Backup Logging Recovery Appliance to be a valuable addition to our enterprise backup solution,” said Shanthi Sivadasan, Database Services Manager, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute. “With Oracle Database Backup Logging Recovery Appliance, the database backup process is dramatically simplified, with much shorter backup windows. More importantly, performing a restore and recovery is simple quick, and efficient. The delta only backup strategy, end-to-end backup validation, and de-duplication are all taken care of behind the scenes, resulting in much greater ease of use, backup integrity, and storage efficiency than today’s backup approaches.”
“Many enterprises that depend on critical application data for their ongoing operation go to great lengths to ensure continuous availability of their data, yet would be shocked to discover that the measures taken to protect that data are fraught with vulnerabilities that could cause delays in recovery, and even data loss,” said Carl Olofson, Research Vice President at IDC. “Transactional databases have become quite complicated, and taking care of backup and redo log files is not trivial. This offering from Oracle seeks to provide a foolproof method of ensuring the most complete data recoverability possible.”
About Oracle OpenWorld
THIS DOCUMENT IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND MAY NOT BE INCORPORATED INTO A CONTRACT OR AGREEMENT.
General Tags: software as a service, online file backup, online backup services, SaaS, data security, online backup news, online backup, top rated online backups, cloud computing, compare online backups, online backup reviews, online data backup, backing up online, online file storage, CEO interviews, data storage, online backup providers directory, online backup companies
Like us on Facebook
Sponsored Links:Data Deposit Box Asigra Bacula Systems