Our Latest Online Backup Reviews:Vembu SyncBlaze
Industry LinksTools and Graphs
· New Simpana® Reference Copy software integrates data management and content-based retention to lower the cost, complexity and risk of storing business and compliance data
· Reduces long-term storage costs and capacity needs by up to 70 percent or more
· Improves records management, eDiscovery and corporate governance by automatically organizing, classifying and storing only necessary data and speeding search and access
· Enables efficient online archives with seamless cloud platform integration, including new support for AWS Glacier, to make cloud storage practical and affordable
OCEANPORT, NJ – OCTOBER 21, 2013 — /BackupReview.info/ — CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) today announced a new content-based retention solution that enables enterprises to keep only data that is important to the business and move beyond the costly and commonly used “keep everything” approach to data management. Leveraging Simpana® Reference Copy can reduce long-term storage costs and capacity needs by up to 70 percent when compared to traditional approaches to data retention. Organizations can make sense of their content, streamline discovery to improve insight and make smart decisions about how they want to retain it, while at the same time making cloud storage from providers such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft and Rackspace a practical reality through the industry’s most advanced data classification and retention capabilities.
Legacy solutions that focus on backup or force customers to archive irrelevant data, without compliance, evidentiary or other organizational value, increase overall costs and risk and inhibit cloud adoption. Traditional archive platforms are cumbersome and make it difficult to secure, find and recover siloed data across the enterprise. Long-term data retention approaches need to be automated, flexible and granular. According to Gartner, most organizations (62%) still do not utilize any specific tools to help them understand and to make decisions on the retention/management of their unstructured data. Archiving is starting to better penetrate organizations, but this is often just moving the problem from primary storage to a less expensive archive.
CommVault® Intelligent Archive Addresses Information Governance, Cost Concerns
Accelerating the Journey to the Cloud
Optimizing Data Retention with CommVault Consulting Services
· Data Classification & Archive Policy Design – Synthesizes legacy archive strategies with current business, compliance, records retention, and eDiscovery requirements to help transform a client’s traditional operation into an intelligent archive.
· Electronic Records Management Design – Provides assessment to assist with designing and recommending technical and business requirements for records retention management and potential eDiscovery actions.
· Eric Sheppard, Research Director, Storage Software at IDC: “Businesses increasingly struggle not only with exponential data growth but also with how, what, and where to keep that data. IT teams strive to provide value back to their organization, yet users continue to drown in a deluge of data. CommVault’s new content-based retention feature has policy-driven rules that allow the flexibility to design and customize rules around the data they want to retain and how they want to retain it. This is particularly useful in highly regulated work environments where managing risk is critical to the business operation.”
Safe Harbor Statement
©1999-2013 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the “CV” logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, IntelliSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, Simpana OnePass, CommVault Edge, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
 - Results may vary.
 - Gartner Inc., Use These Unstructured Data Management Best Practices to Manage Based on the Time Value of Data, Alan Dayley, Sheila Childs, November 16, 2012
General Tags: SaaS, CEO interviews, online backup providers directory, data security, compare online backups, online file storage, backing up online, data storage, cloud computing, online file backup, online backup, online backup services, top rated online backups, online backup reviews, online data backup, software as a service, online backup companies, online backup news
Like us on Facebook
Sponsored Links:Data Deposit Box Asigra Bacula Systems