Our Latest Online Backup Reviews:Vembu SyncBlaze
Industry LinksTools and Graphs
Under-Monitored Cloud Infrastructure at Great Risk of Unplanned Downtime and Service Disruption
New York, NY – January 8, 2013 — /BackupReview.info/ — Continuity Software™, the world’s leading provider of service availability risk management solutions, today announced the results of the Continuity Software IT Operations Analytics Benchmark. Based on results collected across a variety of industry verticals – including financial services, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail – the benchmark underscores the importance of operational analytics in meeting IT performance goals.
The IT Operations Analytics Benchmark survey’s key findings include:
- 57% of the large organizations surveyed use analytical tools to monitor, and measure IT performance goals (versus just 29% of small companies).
- 89% of the organizations surveyed measure uptime across most or all IT domains; 66% measure performance; 51% measure the number of open issues.
- 53% of the organizations that track configuration consistency on a daily basis across the IT infrastructure are meeting or exceeding their goals, compared to 31-33% of the organizations that track only portions of the infrastructure.
- 40% of organizations surveyed cited better measurement and analysis tools as the most effective means for achieving operations excellence, followed by tools to detect cross-domain IT configuration issues (22%) and tools to enforce IT best practices (19%).
- 71% of the organizations surveyed monitor storage and network key performance indicators (KPIs); other areas of IT operations that are commonly monitored and measured include applications (69%), databases (66%), and clusters (49%).
- Only 14% of the organizations surveyed monitor and measure cloud KPIs.
- 43% of the organizations surveyed never analyze configuration consistency in their cloud environment.
“Few would argue that business organizations that deliver IT operational excellence enjoy a distinct advantage over their competitors,” said Doron Pinhas, CTO,Continuity Software. “As this survey reveals, organizations that are successful in achieving this goal invest in measurement and analysis of KPIs and are able to transform the collected insights into immediate actions.”
He added, “It is also interesting to note that while the push to move data and applications into the cloud continues to escalate, most cloud infrastructure remains under-monitored, and consequently at great risk of unplanned downtime and service disruption.”
To read the full report, please visit: http://www.continuitysoftware.com/serv/it-operational-analytics-survey
Tweet this: Continuity Software Benchmark Finds Measurement & Analysis Most Effective Means for Achieving IT Ops Excellence http://www.continuitysoftware.com/serv/it-operational-analytics-survey
- On-Demand Webinars: http://www.continuitysoftware.com/resources/videos-2/
- White Papers: http://www.continuitysoftware.com/resources/white-papers/
About Continuity Software
© Continuity Software. Continuity Software, RecoverGuard, AvailabilityGuard, AvailabilityGuard/Enterprise, AvailabilityGuard/Cloud, AvailabilityGuard/DR, AvailabilityGuard/Cluster, and AvailabilityGuard/SAN are trademarks of Continuity Software. All other brand and product names in this announcement may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Source: Continuity Software
General Tags: online backup providers directory, online data backup, top rated online backups, CEO interviews, online backup reviews, online backup services, compare online backups, SaaS, online backup, online file storage, software as a service, online backup news, cloud computing, data storage, online file backup, data security, backing up online, online backup companies
Like us on Facebook
Sponsored Links:Data Deposit Box Asigra Bacula Systems
Tags: Continuity Software