Our Latest Online Backup Reviews:Vembu SyncBlaze
Industry LinksTools and Graphs
22 Oct 2014
NAKIVO has released a 2014 VM Backup report providing insight into the state of virtualization data protection globally
CAMPBELL, CA – October 22, 2014 — /BackupReview.info/ — NAKIVO Inc., the fastest-growing virtualization and cloud backup software company, today released the 2014 Annual VM Backup Report. NAKIVO 2014 Annual VM Backup Report provides insight in the current state of virtualization data protection worldwide. The data has been collected via a global survey of SMBs (companies with up to 250 employees or up to $100M in annual revenue) who are using VMware virtualization in their datacenters.
The report can be downloaded at: nakivo.com/2014-vm-backup-report.htm/
Key risks identified:
• Failed recoveries: Almost a third of companies do not verify their VM backups for recoverability and run a risk of not being able to recover data because VM backups are corrupted.
• Long disaster recovery times: 35% of businesses rely solely on VM backup, and thus run a risk of long recovery times in case of a disaster.
• High cost of a downtime: 41% of SMBs do not know the cost of their business-critical VMs being down, and can suffer significant revenue/customer loss if their Tier 1 VMs become unavailable.
• Schedule VM backup verification. On average, 2/3 of SMBs had to recover VMs in the past 12 months, and 16% of those VM recoveries failed. NAKIVO Backup & Replication provides built-in backup verification that can be run on schedule and ensure that files, application objects, and VMs can be recovered.
• Use VM replication for business-critical VMs. NAKIVO Backup & Replication provides a simple and intuitive way to create and maintain identical copies of source VMs (aka “replicas”) on a target site. In case of a disaster, the VM replicas can be simply powered on, providing near-instant disaster recovery.
• Identify business-critical VMs and assess downtime/data loss costs. NAKIVO Backup & Replication can help achieve high RPOs with frequent backup and replication job run schedules, and low RTOs with VM replicas and Flash VM Boot.
Named one of the top 10 coolest storage startups of 2014 by CRN, NAKIVO is delivering a new way for cloud providers, enterprises, and SMBs to protect their VMware environments more reliably, efficiently, and cost effectively. NAKIVO Backup & Replication is VMware-certified, purely agentless, and can be deployed on both Linux and Windows. Featuring a simple and intuitive Web UI, the product can back up and replicate VMware VMs onsite, offsite, and to private/public clouds (including single-click integration with Amazon cloud). NAKIVO Backup & Replication supports live applications and databases and provides data deduplication and compression, instant file recovery, instant Exchange object recovery, flash VM boot (beta), and network acceleration.
Follow Nakivo on Twitter: @NAKIVO
General Tags: software as a service, online backup, cloud computing, online backup reviews, online backup news, online data backup, data security, backing up online, SaaS, online file storage, compare online backups, CEO interviews, data storage, online file backup, online backup providers directory, top rated online backups, online backup services, online backup companies
Like us on Facebook
Sponsored Links:Data Deposit Box Asigra Bacula Systems