Our Latest Online Backup Reviews:Vembu SyncBlaze
Industry LinksTools and Graphs
New eBook outlines the 5 advantages of using an object storage system for data storage environments
SAN MATEO, CA – December 01, 2014 — /BackupReview.info/ — storageFOUNDRY, an industry leader in the storage of everything marketplace, today released its new eBook titled“Five Advantages of Using Object Storage.” The eBook is a guide for IT managers and data center managers who want to examine the key advantages of implementing an object storage system in their data storage environment. There are a number of advantages to using an object storage system for storing data, including virtually unlimited storage space and lower maintenance costs, and storageFOUNDRY ‘s guide covers the top 5 advantages of using an object data storage system:
1. Unlimited capacity to support storage elasticity. To support a cloud model, with object storage there is virtually no limit to the quantity of space available. Cloud based object storage features a simple web interface that can be used to store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the web.
2. Performance scales as the cluster grows. In an object storage cluster, performance typically scales linearly as more nodes are added, allowing IT administrators to add more storage when required with no additional compute overhead.
3. Eliminates the need for cloud backup and recovery. Object storage allows businesses to simply replicate their data many times in a geo-distributed system, and there is no manual intervention recovery process.
4. Magnifies the cost efficiency of cloud storage. Object storage is a much better fit for cloud infrastructures than a file-based storage system since it provides near-infinite scalability and value by aligning the cost of storing data without requiring management overhead to manually move data.
5. Further the migration of storage applications. In the area of data analytics, it is much more efficient and economical to analyze the data in place rather than exporting the data to an analytics engine, and object storage makes this possible.
The eBook also includes information about storageFOUNDRY ‘s main data storage product, Nautilus. Powered by Ceph, Nautilus is a massively scalable, open-source, software-defined storage solution developed from the ground-up to provide object, block and file system storage in one self-managing, self-healing platform.
“The main advantages of using Nautilus is that it allows for relatively inexpensive, highly scalable and self-healing retention of massive amounts of unstructured data,” stated Laura Batstone, manager of support and project operations of storageFOUNDRY . “We believe that Nautilus is the best choice for businesses with diverse data storage needs and explosive growth.”
To download the complete version of the eBook, please visit http://bit.ly/15zydNX and to learn more about storageFOUNDRY, please follow the company on LinkedIn and visit http://storagefoundry.net/
General Tags: backing up online, online file storage, data storage, online backup services, cloud computing, online backup providers directory, SaaS, online file backup, online backup reviews, online backup, online backup companies, top rated online backups, data security, software as a service, compare online backups, online data backup, CEO interviews, online backup news
Like us on Facebook
Sponsored Links:Data Deposit Box Asigra