Our Latest Online Backup Reviews:Vembu SyncBlaze
Industry LinksTools and Graphs
F-Secure Freedome now brings even better super-simple privacy and security to smartphones, tablets and now desktops too—with one subscription
HELSINKI, FINLAND – January 21, 2015 — /BackupReview.info/ — Intelligence agencies and criminals aren’t the only people who may be tracking your online behavior. Turns out there’s a lot more to your browsing session than meets the eye.
An F-Secure Labs study found that of the 100 most popular URLs in the world, only 15 percent are accessed directly by humans. The other 85 percent are third-party sites that are accessed behind the scenes of your browsing session, by the sites you visit. What’s more, well over half of these third-party sites are tracking-related sites that are building up a profile of you and your browsing habits. Tracking sites are used by millions of websites around the world to better target you with advertising.
But there’s a way to protect yourself – now on your desktop too. F-Secure’s simple privacy solution Freedome now brings the “one button” protection it’s been offering on millions of smartphones and tablets to the desktop world. Since its launch last year, Freedome has already blocked over 900 million tracking attempts globally. Now Freedome for Windows makes users invisible to trackers, hackers, and snoops on their desktop PCs while still protecting their mobile devices with the same subscription.
Freedome for Windows also includes a new Private Search feature that helps desktop users get their search engine results without the tracking. Through the tools in Private Search, search queries are submitted to search engines anonymously. Freedome masks the user’s real IP address for additional anonymity.
“F-Secure is combining the power of search with the privacy of Freedome, so your private information is concealed,” says Samu Konttinen, Executive Vice President, Consumer Security at F-Secure. “You probably wouldn’t even want your own family to know your entire web searching history. Why give that information away to anyone?”
Most want their privacy back
“Private data captured by third parties can be used to profile users and influence their behavior or just stored indefinitely until new methods of monetizing it are discovered,” says Konttinen. “F-Secure Freedome gives users a chance to regain control of their privacy however they connect. Privacy is fast becoming a luxury, but we want to make it affordable and available to everyone.”
A good app to fight the bad
The new App Security feature for Android adds cloud-based reputation scanning on top of Freedome’s powerful secure connection, online anonymity and browsing protection functions. App Security blocks the installation of harmful applications that try to steal personal information, harm your content, or use your device for illegal purposes.
“Once installed, bad apps can silently download and install unsolicited files that may track the user’s GPS location, monitor the user by recording audio or video, or even steal banking credentials,” says Konttinen. “The new App Security feature protects users by comparing all downloads to an instantly updated database of apps from around the world.”
Freedome is free to try and use for 14 days on any Android and iOS device or Windows desktop. To purchase a Freedome subscription that covers different device platforms, visit f-secure.com/freedome, where 12-month subscriptions are available in groups of 1, 3, or 5 devices. Freedome is also available in the Apple App Store and Google Play, where subscriptions are limited to one platform, but are valid on all devices connected to the same user account. Freedome’s App security is free for all Android users.
F-Secure – Switch on freedom
Founded in 1988, F-Secure is listed on NASDAQ OMX Helsinki Ltd.
F-Secure Media Relations
General Tags: online file backup, online backup, online backup reviews, CEO interviews, online backup companies, cloud computing, online data backup, online backup news, data security, software as a service, online file storage, backing up online, online backup providers directory, SaaS, compare online backups, online backup services, top rated online backups, data storage
Like us on Facebook
Sponsored Links:Data Deposit Box Asigra Bacula Systems