• The fourth acquisition in the past six months
  • The services acquired allow the company to expand and optimize solutions to ensure cybersecurity and business continuity if disaster strikes
  • Via this new transaction, Gigas strengthens its strategy of offering turnkey services for telecommunications, cloud services and cybersecurity to companies

MADRID, Spain – April 13, 2021 — /BackupReview.info/ — Gigas — a Spanish multinational specialized in converged telecommunications services, IT and cloud services for companies — has announced its acquisition of ValoraData’s backup unit and disaster recovery support for 2.3 million Euros.

Payment will be made in two installments: the first, upon signing, will be in cash and corresponds to 75% of the transaction; the second payment, also in cash, will correspond to the remaining 25% and will be made in 12 months later.

The unit acquired manages the backup of servers and workstations, both in the cloud as well as for on-premise hybrid backup structures. Thanks to this acquisition, Gigas has increased its client portfolio by some 300 companies, most of which are medium sized, and are perfectly in line with the profile of its target clients. Furthermore, Gigas’ technical and sales team has grown thanks to the incorporation of 14 professionals specialized in backup and business continuity.

“In response to growing digitalization, backup services have become more and more essential for protecting companies from disasters and cyberattacks, ensuring the constant safety of data as well as the efficient management and continuity of business,” stresses Diego Cabezudo, CEO and co-founder of Gigas.

“This acquisition, which is a great complement to the services already offered by Gigas, strengthens our strategy for offering turnkey cloud, telecommunications and cybersecurity services. It allows the companies in countries where we operate to turn to a single provider to resolve all kinds of issues that can arise in a highly digitalized environment,” adds Cabezudo.

The unit acquired from Valoradata had a turnover of 1.62 million in 2020 and obtained an EBITDA of 426,000 Euros. The company has its own backup platform in two external datacenters and, with the migration of said platform to Gigas, the aim is to achieve synergies so that in 2021 the EBITDA will be significantly higher.

This transaction with Valoradata is Gigas’ fourth acquisition in the past six months. At the end of March, Gigas also announced its acquisition of Oni, a leading Portuguese telecommunications provider. Oni currently offers telecommunications, cloud and security services to some 1,100 clients, and had a turnover of 32.2 million Euros in 2020.

Today, Gigas has around 10,000 clients and over 300 employees.

About ValoraDatahttps://www.valoradata.com/vd-backup/

About Gigas
Gigas — www.gigas.com — is a Spanish multinational specialized in converged telecommunications services, IT and cloud services for companies (GIGA.MAB), and is listed on the BME Growth market (GIGA.MAB). Set up in 2011, it has become a pioneer in offering technologically innovative, knowledge-based comprehensive turnkey service to address the challenges that today’s telecommunications pose for companies. Offering comprehensive and customized solutions to both large companies and SMEs, it is esteemed thanks to its exceptional technical support and for being there for its clients every step of the way. With 11 datacenters in Europe, the USA and Latin America, the company has offices in Spain, Portugal, Ireland, Colombia, Chile, Peru, Mexico and the USA.

For more information please contact:
Gigas communications
Bárbara González
Tel: 603 578 654
email: comunicacion@gigas.com

Source: Gigas




Tags: ,