Our Latest Online Backup Reviews:Vembu SyncBlaze
Industry LinksTools and Graphs
Appvance, the enterprise software testing experts, report that WANdisco Fusion outperformed Cloudera BDR for Hadoop data replication, backup and recovery
SAN RAMON, CA – May 12, 2016 — /BackupReview.info/ – WANdisco (LSE: WAND) the leading provider of software enabling global enterprises to meet today’s data challenges of secure storage, scalability and availability, today announced the results of a recent competitive evaluation of WANdisco Fusion against Cloudera BDR (Backup and Disaster Recovery), covering both functionality and performance, undertaken by third party enterprise software testing firm Appvance.
In summary, Appvance recommended WANdisco Fusion, with its patented active-transactional replication technology over Cloudera BDR, for Hadoop data replication, backup and recovery.
“In our comparison tests of Cloudera BDR and WANdisco Fusion, we found WANdisco provides functionality, performance and availability not possible with Cloudera BDR,” said Frank Cohen, Founder, Appvance. “WANdisco Fusion’s replication technology avoids BDR’s risk of data loss with automated disaster recovery after outages, and ensures availability even when entire data centers go offline. This is especially critical in regulated industries where production data and current backups must be available at all times.”
• WANdisco Fusion’s active-transactional replication with automated forward recovery avoids Cloudera BDR’s risk of data loss and extended downtime after outages. Cloudera BDR runs in batch and requires the replication job to be restarted from the beginning after an outage
• WANdisco Fusion replicated the same data volumes up to 90% faster than BDR without impacting the performance of other applications running on the clusters
• WANdisco Fusion performed full cluster backups up to 37% faster than BDR, used 40% less memory and allowed clusters to be available for other applications while the backup was running. BDR resource contention does not allow other applications to run during a backup
• WANdisco Fusion ingests and replicates data at the same time, making it ideal for streaming fast data applications that require replication, unlike Cloudera BDR, which requires files to be written and closed
• WANdisco Fusion replicates data between Hadoop clusters running on any distribution, version and storage, including cloud storage. Cloudera BDR only replicates data between clusters running specific versions of Cloudera’s CDH distribution of Hadoop, creating vendor lock-in.
Download the full report
About Appvance Inc.
Apache Hadoop and Subversion are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation (ASF). All other product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
General Tags: online backup services, online backup providers directory, data security, top rated online backups, compare online backups, online file storage, data storage, cloud computing, CEO interviews, online file backup, backing up online, online backup companies, online backup, online data backup, software as a service, online backup reviews, online backup news, SaaS
Like us on Facebook
Sponsored Links:Data Deposit Box Asigra Bacula Systems