Our Latest Online Backup Reviews:Vembu SyncBlaze
Industry LinksTools and Graphs
Data protection and disaster recovery leader unveils Unitrends Free for Google Cloud Platform, developed in collaboration with Google
BURLINGTON, Mass. – July 23, 2015 — /BackupReview.info/ — Unitrends today announced it has been named a Google Cloud Platform Premier Partner. Through this agreement, Unitrends closely collaborated with Google Cloud Platform to build, integrate and optimize its Unitrends Free™ virtual backup appliance to support Google Cloud Storage, including Google Cloud Storage Nearline. The resulting offering, Unitrends Free for Google Cloud Platform, enables customers to automatically copy local VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V backups to Google Cloud Storage, including Google Cloud Storage Nearline, for long-term retention and disaster recovery.
Announced in May 2015, Unitrends Free is the first solution designed specifically for IT professionals seeking cost-effective protection for small businesses, early-stage virtualization projects and home labs. The Unitrends Free for Google Cloud Platform data protection and business continuity software quickly deploys as a virtual appliance in local client VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V environments to provide free hypervisor-level protection, as well as low-cost, secure and highly durable redundant storage of backup copies in Google Cloud Storage, including Google Cloud Storage Nearline, for fast, offsite disaster recovery.
“Google Cloud Storage Nearline is disrupting the storage industry by providing customers with low-cost storage, as well as significantly faster recovery times than other cold storage systems on the market,” said Kevin Weiss, Unitrends’ president and chief executive officer. “Unitrends prides itself on offering its customers easy-to-use and affordable data protection, along with 100 percent recovery assurance and iron-clad business continuity, so our collaboration with Google is a natural fit.”
Additional features of Unitrends Free for Google Cloud Platform include:
* Free vSphere and Hyper-V Backup for Unlimited Virtual Machines (VMs) and Sockets – Customers can protect up to 1.5 terabytes (TB) of unique VM data, without limitations on retention, or the number of sockets and VMs protected.
* Instant VM Recovery – Users can quickly recover a VM directly from a local backup to reduce downtime. Instant VM Recovery also allows users to spin up local copies of their VMs for recovery verification, testing and development.
* Automated Daily Scheduling – “Set it and forget it” scheduling with daily recovery points keeps customers protected at all times – even when no one is around.
* Fast, Incremental Forever Backups – Changed-block tracking and incremental forever strategy ensure backups complete rapidly every day. Only changed data is processed after the first backup, enabling daily backups without consuming large volumes of storage.
* Unitrends Community Integration – Users benefit from limitless support provided by the Unitrends Community. Directly integrated into the Unitrends Free user interface, IT professionals can search the forum and collaborate to help one another, while also earning prizes and rewards.
For more information about Unitrends Free for Google Cloud Platform, please visit: www.unitrends.com/products/unitrends-free-backup-software/unitrends-free-for-google-cloud-platform
General Tags: cloud computing, online file storage, online file backup, online backup companies, SaaS, online backup news, online backup reviews, compare online backups, online backup providers directory, online backup, data storage, software as a service, CEO interviews, online data backup, data security, backing up online, top rated online backups, online backup services
Like us on Facebook
Sponsored Links:Data Deposit Box Asigra