Our Latest Online Backup Reviews:Vembu SyncBlaze
Industry LinksTools and Graphs
ROUND ROCK, TX – May 19, 2016 — /BackupReview.info/ — Dell today announced Storage Center Operating System 7, the culmination of a three-year effort to redefine the economics of enterprise storage with an innovative platform which embraces and helps accelerate the industry shift to modern, flash-based architectures.
Radically redefined for a future-ready enterprise
“Dell’s SC Series has always been an extremely progressive storage platform – and SCOS 7 is by far our most revolutionary software release to date,” said Alan Atkinson, vice president and general manager, Dell Storage. “We designed the SC platform from the ground up to be future ready and this release takes flash, deduplication and system intelligence to the next level.”
Disruptive storage economics, enhanced capabilities
“With the Dell Storage SC Series, we can sell to our customers based on the fact that our cloud is based on an all-flash array. Performance degradation is a thing of the past, and they’ll be able to get the IOPs their applications require.” – Andrew Fisher, Director of Product Engineering, Expedient
“We saw a significant compression and data reduction ratio using the deduplication feature in Dell Storage SCOS 7, which is very good.?Without deduplication I would be forced to buy more drives every 12 months. With it I will have enough available space to accommodate our customers’ projected growth for the next 18-24 months.” – Hans de Jongh, Director/Owner, IT Creation
 – Net usable capacity of Dell array with 5 years of support, after 5:1 data reduction, vs. major competitors net of data reduction. Pricing is based on a variety of sources including analyst data, price sheets when available, and public information as of May 2016.
 – Source: Dell internal analysis, March 2016. Net effective capacity after applying a 5:1 compression and deduplication ratio. Customer’s price may vary based on a variety of circumstances and data should be used for comparison purposes.
 – Source: Dell internal testing, March, 2016. Results may vary depending on application and configuration with typical results being between 3:1 and 4:1.
 – Initial version of web UI supports SC Series products only, PS Series support to be announced at a later date.
 – Source: Dell internal analysis (March 23, 2016) comparing against the top 5 other vendors.
General Tags: SaaS, online data backup, data storage, compare online backups, online backup reviews, online backup, data security, backing up online, online backup services, online backup providers directory, online file storage, top rated online backups, CEO interviews, online file backup, online backup companies, cloud computing, online backup news, software as a service
Like us on Facebook
Sponsored Links:Data Deposit Box Asigra